CraftMC | Staff Applications
There are currently two positions that you may apply for: Helper and Moderator. Helper is still the trial rank for those wishing to become a Moderator. Additionally, it is its own separate rank as well. If you simply want to do in-chat things (muting players) and want no extra responsibilities, apply for Helper. If you'd rather ban hackers, deal with grief, etc., apply for Moderator. All new staff members will begin at Helper regardless. You may choose which one upon applying. If you find yourself conflicted and unsure of what you want to do, you may always change your mind after being accepted.
- You must have at least 10 forum posts/messages.
- You must have been a member of the forums for at least one week.
The prerequisites are there so that people actually put in the effort to apply for staff. Having a lack of staff members is no reason to lower the standard. There were a lot of applicants who applied for staff the day they joined the forums. To me, that tells a lot. Being a staff member means that you are active on all CraftMC platforms, not just in-game. This includes the community Discord, as well as the forums. Adding these prerequisites cut down a lot of the staff applications that we receive each week, and, as the saying goes, “quality over quantity”.
- You must be at least 14 years old.
- You must be active (online at least two or three hours a day or more).
- You must have good SPaG (spelling, punctuation, and grammar).
- You must be able to record (screen recorder) as evidence when you punish a player.
- You must have Discord and be a member of our CraftMC Community Discord.
- You must have a microphone (built-in or external).
If you have a problem with any of these requirements, feel free to PM me on Discord (Melodaze#0001) or on the forums.
- Please put effort into your application. You can never have too much information, only too little!
- Focus more on the staff related questions of the application (e.g “Why should be staff?”).
- Be honest, lying won’t get you far. Plagiarism of any kind will get you instantly denied!
- Don’t ask a staff member to check out your staff application. That will actually get you instantly denied! Please be patient.
- Just because you’re not staff (yet), it doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t start having good SPaG. If you start now and apply later, that will increase your chances.
- Go over your application multiple times before you submit it. Reading it over will help you catch any mistakes or add extra information.
- Reporting players will give you a better impression when judging your application.
- If you get denied, don’t get discouraged. Many of our previous staff members took more than a few tries to get staff. If you really put your mind to it, you can achieve it.
- This isn't an excuse for you to spam on the forums to obtain 10 posts. We will actively deny people who we believe have farmed posts negatively. If you wish to contribute, we advise posting anything that can benefit the community.
*NOTE* When you are denied, the general wait time is one month. If it’s more than that, it’s because we believe that what needs improvement is something that happens over time. Sometimes, the denial reason isn’t that of the application itself. Watch what you say, it can affect you in ways you didn’t think.